- Checking the operation of release detection equipment;
- Reviewing all maintenance and repair documentation;
- Checking spill buckets for dirt, liquid, or debris;
- Checking overfill alarm(s) for proper operation;
- Ensuring any impressed current cathodic protection systems are turned on and operating properly;
- Checking inventory of spill response materials;
- Checking that dispenser hoses, nozzles, and breakaways are in good condition and working properly; and
- Checking dispensers, dispenser sumps, and piping sumps for signs of leakage.
The State Fire Marshal will inspect each tank at least once every year, and may conduct periodic safety inspections. These inspections will include, but not be limited to, inspection of release detection records, release detection equipment, vent pipes and dispenser systems, corrosion protection records, and applicable fire safety codes.