The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA)
requires A/B operators to take and pass its online exam
in order to be certified. PASS’ Class A/B Operator Training (MPCA Exam Preparation)
course has been approved to help A/B operators prepare for the exam. Successfully completing the PASS course will not provide you with A/B certification
. Here is what you need to do.
- Once you have prepared to take the exam, visit the MPCA website and register for the exam.
- Once you have registered, you have 10 days to complete the exam. You may start and stop the exam as many times as you want in that 10-day time period.
- If you fail the exam or fail to complete the exam within the 10-day period, you will be required to take an MPCA-approved training course, such as the one offered by PASS.
- Once you have completed your training course, you must contact Jenalee Quigley at the MPCA (firstname.lastname@example.org, 651-757-2238, or 1-800-657-3864), who will reset your exam so you may take it again.
- Once you have passed the MPCA exam, your operator certificate will be e-mailed to you.
All of PASS’ UST operator training courses meet and exceed
the federal requirements for UST operator training and are offered through our in-house designed and built Learning Management System (LMS)
. PASS’ state-specific A/B training courses are custom tailored to meet state requirements, and are accepted by more states than any other training provider
. Our courses are available on demand, 24/7
and are accessible from any internet-connected computer, tablet, or phone
. The student can complete an entire course in a single session or take the course in segments. The training may be stopped and restarted, allowing for maximum schedule flexibility. PASS also does not impose time restrictions on course access
, so students may take as much time as they need to complete their training.
PASS’ UST operator training course content is divided into chapters. Each chapter utilizes a combination of text, images, and narration, providing a multi-faceted learning experience for diverse learning styles. Each chapter is followed by a quiz. If the student answers a quiz question incorrectly, the application automatically redirects the student to the correct course information. The student is then given another opportunity to answer the quiz question. This reflexive quizzing model ensures comprehension of the course material and reinforces learner retention.
In addition to the quizzes, the UST Class A/B operator training (MPCA Exam Prep) course includes a final exam, 80% of which must be answered correctly in order to print a certificate of completion. The trainee can complete the entire course in a single session (approximately 4 hours plus exam time) or take the course in segments.