PASS offers Class A/B operator training approved by the North Dakota Department of Health
(NDDoH). Class A/B operators who train with a third-party training provider (like PASS) are required to upload their certificate of training to the NDDoH website and review state-specific UST information. The instructions on how to do this are below.
- Save your operator training certificate to your computer as a .pdf file. Your certificate must include the following information:
- Training/testing company information: Company name, address, phone, e-mail, website, and name of contact person
- Operator information: Operator name, work address, work phone, work e-mail, operator ID and/or certificate ID number (or other way to verify certificate authenticity), plus the company or affiliate name, address, phone, e-mail, website, and name of contact person
- Operator class criteria: Class A or Class B or both
- Course criteria: List of modules completed, date of module completion, and score or grade for each module (e.g., Pass/Fail)
- North Dakota facility or facilities the operator has been trained for: Company name, address, phone, e-mail, website, contact person
- Go to http://www.ndhealth.gov/wm/UndergroundStorageTankProgram/.
- Click the UST Online Services link.
- If you have NOT received a username and password from the NDDoH, click the New Operator tab and New Operator Application, then fill out the form and submit. You will receive an e-mail from the NDDoH with your username and password.
- If you have received a username and password from the NDDoH, click the Operator Training Login tab and Login to Operator Training. Enter your username and password and click Log In.
- Click Operator Training.
- The next page is titled Training Menu for YOUR NAME.
- In the Modules area, click the Go to Training link to the right of the module titled Introduction. On the next page, read through the sections and answer the questions.
- Repeat Step #6 for the modules titled Operator Training and Mandatory.
- On the Training Menu for YOUR NAME page, click Request Reciprocity.
- Under Reciprocity Source, choose your operator training certificate.
- For Reciprocity Date, choose the date on your certificate.
- Next to Submit Certificate By, choose Upload.
- Click the Choose File button next to File to Upload. This will open a new window allowing you to select the saved copy of your certificate.
- Click Submit Request for Reciprocity.
All of PASS’ UST operator training courses meet and exceed
the federal requirements for UST operator training and are offered through our in-house designed and built Learning Management System (LMS)
. Our courses are available on demand, 24/7
and are accessible from any internet-connected computer, tablet, or phone
. The student can complete an entire course in a single session or take the course in segments. The training may be stopped and restarted, allowing for maximum schedule flexibility. PASS also does not impose time restrictions on course access, so students may take as much time as they need to complete their training. PASS’ training courses are accepted by more states than any other training provider
PASS’ UST operator training course content is divided into chapters. Each chapter utilizes a combination of text, images, and narration, providing a multi-faceted learning experience for diverse learning styles. Each chapter is followed by a quiz. If the student answers a quiz question incorrectly, the application automatically redirects the student to the correct course information. The student is then given another opportunity to answer the quiz question. This reflexive quizzing model ensures comprehension of the course material and reinforces learner retention.
In addition to the quizzes, the UST Class A/B operator training course includes a final exam, 80% of which must be answered correctly in order to print a certificate. The trainee can complete the entire course in a single session (approximately 4 hours plus exam time) or take the course in segments.