The purpose and goal of the Learn2Serve Food Handler Training Certificate program is to provide individuals working in restaurants and non-restaurant facilities with an overview of food safety issues, regulations, and techniques to maintain a food-safe environment. These individuals will also be able to better understand how handling food correctly reduces risks.
Learning Objectives for Food Handler Training Course
- Define food safety and its goals, benefits, impact, proper adherence, critical control points, and recall requirements.
- Recall biohazards, symptoms and causes of common foodborne illnesses, identify spoilage signs and causes.
- Identify three types of contamination, explain how food becomes hazardous, and recognize how to preserve food.
- Understand time, temperature, and control with relation to food handling and how to properly take the temperature of food and maintain the temperature while storing food.
- Discuss personal hygiene importance and practices, and food handling practices and techniques.
- Understand procedures for acquiring and receiving food, considerations for meat and poultry, and proper food storage.
- Identify both proper and improper cleaning and sanitizing procedures and implications.
- Identify signs and eradication procedures for pest infestation; recognize proper facility design for food handling, including a reliable water supply, wiping cloth usage requirements, and toilet/ hand washing mandates.