This package includes a training and exam specifically approved for Louisiana. Get your LA Bar Card by completing the training AND passing the exam. After passing the training, you will receive a code to unlock the exam. The training teaches you how to be a responsible seller of alcohol and how to protect yourself and your establishment from liability. You will learn how alcohol affects the body, how to recognize the effects of alcohol on your customers, how to prevent customers from becoming intoxicated, how to intervene when you need to refuse a sale to someone, how to prevent and deal with disturbances, how to accurately check IDs and recognize minors, how to prevent second-party sales, and how to refuse a sale.
After successful completion of the course, the learner will be able to:
- Describe alcohol use.
- Recognize the effects of alcohol.
- Identify the seller's role in the enhancement of public safety.
- Discuss the seller's responsibilities and obligations under the law.
- Define blood alcohol concentration and how it is calculated.
- Describe the effects of mixing alcohol with other drugs.
- Recognize intoxicated individuals.
- Refuse a sale to someone with little conflict.
- Prevent disturbances in the establishment and handle difficult situations.
- Check IDs accurately, and recognize clues for when an individual is using a fake ID.
- Recognize second-party sales.